[click image to enlarge]
The King's Chapel on Tremont Street in Boston was built in 1752 using granite boulders dug up in Quincy. This classic building was no easy feat for the early colonists, numbering fewer than 1,000 in the little village of Braintree 8 miles to the south. Their tools were crude; their ingenuity astounding.
Oxen and carts were used to move tons of the quarried grey stone to this site. When completed it was the wonder of the country. People still come from a distance to admire this great structure.