[click image to enlarge]
Pictured here is one of the earliest church buildings in Quincy. When first constructed in 1832, the First Universalist Church was a simple Greek Revival structure built on the corner of Elm and Washington Streets in the Quincy Point neighborhood for a sum of $5003.01. The church had numerous regular and supply ministers including Reverend Fannie Austin, who was resident pastor from 1911 to 1913 and believed to be the only woman pastor of a Quincy church, until the late 20th century. The church now belongs to the Assembly of God religious sect and is called Glad Tidings Church.