Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday is "This Old House" Day

[click image to enlarge]

The owner of one of the areas most up-to-date furniture emporiums had this elegant colonial revival house built in 1908. Henry Kincaide, owner of Kincaide Furniture from 1892 until it tragically burned in 1986, hired William Lofgren to design and build this shingle style house at 33 Whitney Road. If you've been a follower of this blog, you know how much I like porches and this is a beauty. I particularly like the way the double columns on the west end extend to create the porte cochere. I have not seen another house quite like this in Quincy.

3 comments:

SP said...

That house is something else! I want one...

marley said...

I like that big old porch :)

Sarah said...

Oh! It's so pretty and regal! I'm envious! It makes my porch look like a baby... :)

Sarah

Summer Attraction

This tiger swallowtail butterfly was a delight to see pollinating the phlox bed along my driveway.