Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Worker Series

[click image to enlarge]

Therese Abouzeid is an interior designer and along with her husband, Joe, have owned and operated Hancock Upholstering on Washington Street in Quincy Point for 38 years. Therese came to America from Lebanon as a bride, speaking very little or no English. She raised her family here, pursued an education in interior design and runs a very successful business along with her husband. Therese graciously agreed to let me take her picture for my Quincy workers series . . . doesn't she have a beautiful smile?

3 comments:

John said...

I like the shot, I have never got around to trying this kind of shot, I think all my people shots are 'candids' because I am not good at trying to direct people in a shot. Horses for courses I guess.

brattcat said...

You have captured her elegance. Who would not trust such a beautiful woman to help decorate their home?

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Nice shot and a good hard working immigrant story.

Summer Attraction

This tiger swallowtail butterfly was a delight to see pollinating the phlox bed along my driveway.