Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reap What You Sow



On my recent travels, I was reminded of a favorite character from Barbara Cooney's book, Miss Rumphius, in which the grandfather tells his grandaughter (Miss Rumphius) that she needs to do something to make the world more beautiful. She planted lupine seeds along the highways and byways of Maine!

I didn't come across any lupines along the byways, but I did spot this 5-pointed beauty in the garden at the Adams National Historic site when I got home to Quincy.

What would you do, if you were given that directive?

2 comments:

brattcat said...

I would send five friends a link to your blog.

Pearl Maple said...

that is a sweet post, guess we are fullfilling that quest with regular posts of pretty views that we find

Summer Attraction

This tiger swallowtail butterfly was a delight to see pollinating the phlox bed along my driveway.