Saturday, December 04, 2010

Perennial Favorite




I met Karen today as she was leaving the Wollaston Garden Club's annual holiday greens sale. She graciously stopped and let me take her picture. She told me that she has been a follower of QDP and that her house was one of this blog's featured old houses on Thursdays . . . what fun!

The second photo below is a good overview of this very successful annual event. The Wollaston Garden Club not only gets me into the spirit but also takes the proceeds from this event and gives back to the community by landscaping and planting beautiful areas all around Quincy for everyone to enjoy. Lady Bird Johnson must be smiling. Thank you, and Happy Holidays WGG!

2 comments:

Lowell said...

Nice post, Slim. It is indeed good to see a group working for the whole community! Nice portrait and I especially like that second group.

brattcat said...

A heart-warming post on this chilly day, Slim!

Summer Attraction

This tiger swallowtail butterfly was a delight to see pollinating the phlox bed along my driveway.