Monday, July 29, 2013

Memories . . .

The old Quincy High School is being readied for demolition.  I wonder if any of the architectural stonework will be salvaged.  As I was photographing the exterior, I spoke with a couple former students watching the workers.  They wondered whether the old slate chalkboards, the granite steps, or pieces of the roofing copper would be salvaged  and perhaps sold to the highest bidder.  They each thought it would be pretty wonderful to have a piece of the old chalkboards they spent so much time in front of.  I hope some of these items will be salvaged for money for the city treasury and/or souvenirs for those with fond memories of this institution.   Happy Monochrome Monday!

No comments:

Summer Attraction

This tiger swallowtail butterfly was a delight to see pollinating the phlox bed along my driveway.