Monday, January 12, 2015

The Eagle Has Landed

Yesterday, I was treated to a sighting of an adult bald eagle and two youngsters flying over Blacks Creek and landing in the trees along Furnace Brook Parkway. 

I was only able to get a record shot with my point and shoot before they took off over Merrymount.

The estuary is partially frozen so I don't think the eagles will be harvesting too many fish here.

I played around with some post processing to bring out the details.
    Happy Monochrome Monday!



Here's my record shot with two of the eagles catching some air along the tree line.  I have been scanning the sky for these magnificent creatures for a few decades.  I was thrilled to see my first bald eagle in my home town. 

1 comment:

Dag said...

Nice shot, very fortunate to see them in Quincy. Spotted one about 25 years ago during an outing to Quabbin. Magnificent sight.

Summer Attraction

This tiger swallowtail butterfly was a delight to see pollinating the phlox bed along my driveway.